Last Updated February 8, 2023
OUR COMMITMENT TO PRIVACY
Fierce Technology, Inc. and our affiliates (collectively “Fierce”) knows that you care about how your personal information is used and shared, and we take your privacy seriously. We recognize our responsibilities in relation to the collection, holding, processing, use and/or transfer of personal data and we consider the protection of your personal data to be a foundation of customer trust and a sound business practice.
This policy (this “Policy”) describes how we may collect, use, and/or disclose your personal information when you download the Fierce app through a relevant app store and sign up for a Fierce account and other services through the mobile app or online at https://getfierce.com and use the Services, and applies to any individual’s personal information which is in our possession or under our control. To make this Policy easy to find, we make it available from the home page of the Fierce website at https://getfierce.com and through the Fierce app (collectively, the “Fierce Platform”).
APPLICABILITY OF THIS POLICY
This Policy applies to all information we collect through the Services from current and former Fierce Platform users, including you. As used herein, “Services” means any products, services, content, features, technologies, or functions, and all related websites, mobile apps and services offered to you by us. “Personal Information” means information that identifies or is reasonably capable of identifying an individual, directly or indirectly, and information that is being associated with an identified or reasonably identifiable individual. Please note that information by which you cannot be identified (for example, anonymous or aggregated information) is not considered Personal Information and therefore is not subject to this Policy.
This Policy supplements but does not supersede nor replace any other consent which you may have previously provided to us nor does it affect any rights that we may have at law in connection with the collection, use and/or disclosure of your Personal Information. Subject to your rights at law, the prevailing terms of this Policy shall apply. For the avoidance of doubt, this Policy forms part of the terms governing your relationship with us and should be read in conjunction with such terms and conditions.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU
- We collect Personal Information you provide when you:
- fill in any forms;
- correspond with us;
- register to use the Fierce Platform;
- open an account or use any of our Services;
- take part in online discussions, surveys or promotions;
- speak with a member of our customer support team (on the phone, through the Fierce website, or through the Fierce app);
- enter a promotion; or
- contact us for other reasons.
- We may collect the following Personal Information from you, including, but not limited to:
- Personal Particulars (e.g. name, contact details, residential address, phone number, date of birth, identity card/passport details, username, password and other registration information, social media handles and other social media profile information, and/or education details);
- Financial Information, such as income, expenses, credit history and/or credit card, bank account information, routing number;
- Correspondence, such as information that you provide to us in correspondence, including account opening, customer support, feedback or response to surveys;
- Sensory Information, such as images collected for identity verification, audio recordings left on answering machines;
- Employment Information, such as work experience and employment details;
- Tax and Insurance information;
- Information about your risk profile, investments, investment objectives, knowledge and experience and/or business interests and assets, and source of wealth;
- Information about your use of the Services, and/or the Fierce Platform;
- Information from other third-party data services (for example to verify your identity and to better understand your product and services needs); and
- Institutional Information, such as for institutional customers, we may collect additional information, including: institution’s legal name, Employer Identification Number (“EIN”) or any comparable identification number issued by a government, and proof of legal existence (which may include articles of incorporation, certificate of formation, business license, trust instrument, or other comparable legal document).
- In addition, we may collect technical and navigational and location information. We use this information for a variety of purposes, such as maintaining the security of your session, facilitating site navigation, improving design and functionality, and personalizing your experience. Information we collect may include:
- Online Identifiers, such as IP address; domain name;
- Device Information, such as hardware, operating system and version, browser, unique device identifiers, mobile network information;
- Usage Data, such as system activity, internal and external information related to Fierce pages that you visit, clickstream information; and
- Geolocation Data, such as address, government identification numbers (which may include Social Security Number or equivalent, driver’s license number, passport number);
- Transaction Information,
- Additional Information, at the discretion of our Compliance Team to comply with legal obligations, which may include criminal records or alleged criminal activity.
Personal Information you provide during the registration process may be retained, even if your registration is left incomplete or abandoned.
INFORMATION FROM CHILDREN
The Services are not directed to individuals under the age of thirteen (13). We do not intentionally collect information from those we know are under 13, and we request that these individuals do not provide personal information through the Fierce Platform. Please contact us if you believe that we have mistakenly or unintentionally collected information from a child under the age of 13.
HOW WE PROTECT AND STORE PERSONAL INFORMATION
We take reasonable and practicable steps to ensure that your Personal Information held by us (i) is accurate with regard to the purposes for which it is to be used, and (ii) is not kept longer than is necessary for the fulfillment of the purpose for which it is to be used. We store and process your Personal Information using third-party servers located in data centers in the United States. This information is protected by physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in compliance with applicable US federal and state regulations and we regularly adapt these controls to respond to changing requirements and advances in technology. We also use computer safeguards such as firewalls and data encryption, we enforce physical access controls to our office and files, and we authorize access to personal information only for those employees who require it to fulfill their job responsibilities. We strive to ensure security on our systems. Despite our efforts, we cannot guarantee that personal information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed by breach of our administrative, managerial and technical safeguards. Furthermore, because the transmission of Personal Information over the internet cannot be guaranteed to be 100% secure, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us, or to or from our Services. Therefore, we urge you to take adequate precautions to protect your personal data as well, including never sharing your password with anyone. If we learn of a systems security breach, we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. By using the Services, you agree that we may communicate with you electronically. We may post a notice on the Fierce Platform if a security breach occurs. We may also send an email to you at the email address you have provided to us. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing. To receive free written notice of a security breach (or to withdraw your consent from receiving electronic notice of a security breach), please email us at [email protected]
HOW WE USE PERSONAL INFORMATION
- We use your Personal Information to:
- Provide you with our Services.
- Manage the Fierce Platform in order to maintain and deliver the Services, and to improve user experience and maximize usage of our Services.
- Process your Personal Information as required by applicable laws and regulations.
- Protect the security and integrity of the Services, our business, the Services, and your account.
- Provide you with customer support anytime that you reach out to our Customer Support team.
- To carry out market research to understand how our Services are being used to help us improve, optimize and enhance our Services and their delivery.
- Advertise and market our Services to you, including delivering interest-based advertisements on the Fierce Platform and other sites or content syndication platforms and websites.
- To communicate with you directly through emails, calls, chats, video conferencing .
- Send communications to you about:
- new features and upgrade
- our services and offerings
- event announcements
- product notices and changes to our terms and policies
- particular programs in which you have chosen to participate
- promotional offers and surveys
- scheduling demos and managing free trials
- Enforce the terms and conditions of the Services with you.
- Detect and prevent fraud and other prohibited or illegal activities, comply with financial crime laws, and to confirm that you are eligible to use the Services.
- Otherwise, as disclosed to you at the point of collection or as required or permitted by law.
HOW WE SHARE INFORMATION ABOUT YOU WITH THIRD PARTIES
We may share Personal Information as described below:
- Unaffiliated Service Providers. We may share your Personal Information with third-party service providers that are not operated or controlled by Fierce to provide the Services to you. Your Personal Information may be shared so that they can provide us with services, including identity verification, fraud detection and prevention, security threat detection, payment processing, customer support, data analytics, Information Technology, advertising, marketing, data processing, network infrastructure, storage, transaction monitoring, and tax reporting. We share your Personal Information with these service providers only so that they can provide us with services, and we prohibit our service providers from using or disclosing your Personal Information for any other purpose. Our third-party service providers are subject to strict confidentiality obligations.
- Affiliates. We may share your Personal Information with our affiliates, for the purposes outlined above, and as it is necessary to provide you with our Services.
- Government agencies, other regulatory bodies and law enforcement officials, and other organizations as permitted or required by law. We may share your personal information with government agencies, other regulatory bodies and law enforcement officials, or other organizations as permitted or required by law for tax purposes, for reporting suspicious transactions, or when required by law, subpoena, or other legal processes as identified in the applicable legislation. We attempt to notify our clients about legal demands for their personal data when appropriate in our judgment unless prohibited by law or court order or when the request is an emergency.
- Corporate Transactions. We may disclose Personal Information in the event of a proposed or consummated merger, acquisition, reorganization, asset sale, or similar corporate transaction, or in the event of a bankruptcy or dissolution.
- Other third-parties, with your consent or as directed by your representative.
Subject to applicable laws and regulations, we may from time to time send direct marketing materials promoting services, products, facilities, or activities to you using information collected from or about you. You may opt-out of such communications at any time by emailing [email protected] You may also opt-out of such communications by following the directions provided in any marketing communication.
You can refuse or delete cookies. Most browsers and mobile devices offer their own settings to manage cookies. If you refuse a cookie, or if you delete cookies from your device, you may experience some inconvenience in your use of our digital offerings. For example, you may not be able to sign in and access your account, or we may not be able to recognize you, your device, or your online preferences.
LINKS TO THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES AND MOBILE APPLICATIONS
The Fierce Platform and Services may contain links to third-party websites and mobile applications (for example, social media platforms). This Policy only applies to the Fierce Platform and Services. When visiting these third-party websites, you should read their privacy policies which will apply to your use of such websites and advertising opt-out instructions.
HOW YOU CAN ACCESS OR CHANGE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION OR CONTACT US
You can review and update your personal information in your account settings at any time by logging in to your account. If you have questions or concerns regarding this Policy, any feedback pertaining to your privacy and the Services that you would like us to consider, or would like to withdraw your consent to our collection, use or disclosure of your Personal Information, please email us at [email protected] Please note that if you withdraw your consent to any or all use or disclosure of your Personal Information, depending on the nature of your request, we may not be in a position to continue to provide our Services to you.
INFORMATION FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
We are required under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”) to provide certain information to California residents about how we collect, use and share their personal information, and about the rights and choices California residents may have concerning their personal information. For purposes of this section, “personal information” has the meaning provided in the CCPA.
Collection and Use of Personal Information
In the last 12 months, we have collected the following categories of personal information:
- Identifiers, such as your name, mailing address, email address, zip code, telephone number, or other similar identifiers.
- California Customer Records (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)), such as username and password, company name, job title, business email address, and department.
- Internet/Network Information, such as your browsing history, log and analytics data, information about the device(s) used to access the Services and information regarding your interaction with the Services and other usage data.
- Geolocation Data, such as information about your location (at country and city level) collected from your IP address.
- Sensory Information, the content, audio and video recordings of conference calls between you and us that we record where permitted by you and/or the law.
- Profession/Employment Information that you include in your CV, cover letter and send to us when applying for a position.
- Other Personal Information, such as personal information you provide to us in relation to a survey, comment, question, request, article download or inquiry and any other information you upload to the Fierce Platform .
We collect personal information directly from you, from your browser or device when you use the Services, from third parties that you permit to share your information or from third parties that share public information about you and as stated above.
See the section above, “How we use personal information,” to understand how we use the personal information collected from California consumers.
Recipients of Personal Information
We share personal information with third parties for business purposes. The categories of third parties to whom we disclose your personal information may include: (i) our service providers and advisors, (ii) marketing and strategic partners; (iii) ad networks and advertising partners; (iv) analytics providers; and (v) social networks.
California Privacy Rights
As a California resident, you may be able to exercise the following rights in relation to the personal information about you that we have collected (subject to certain limitations at law):
- The Right to Know any or all of the following information relating to your personal information we have collected and disclosed in the last 12 months, upon verification of your identity:
- The specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you;
- The categories of personal information we have collected about you;
- The categories of sources of the personal information;
- The categories of personal information that we have disclosed to third parties for a business purpose, and the categories of recipients to whom this information was disclosed;
- The categories of personal information we have sold and the categories of third parties to whom the information was sold; and
- The business or commercial purposes for collecting or selling the personal information.
- The Right to Request Deletion of personal information we have collected from you, subject to certain exceptions.
- The Right to Opt-Out of Personal Information sales to third parties now or in the future. However, we do not sell your personal information.
You also have the right to be free of discrimination for exercising these rights.
Please note that if the exercise of these rights limits our ability to process personal information (such as a deletion request), we may no longer be able to provide you with our products and services or engage with you in the same manner.
How to Exercise Your California Consumer Rights
To exercise your right to know and/or your right to deletion, please submit a request by contacting us at [email protected].
We will need to verify your identity before processing your request.
In order to verify your identity, we will generally require sufficient information from you so that we can match it to the information we maintain about you in our systems. Sometimes we may need additional personal information from you to be able to identify you. We will notify you.
We may decline a request to exercise the right to know and/or right to deletion, particularly where we are unable to verify your identity or locate your information in our systems or as permitted by law.
You may choose to designate an authorized agent to make a request under the CCPA on your behalf. No information will be disclosed until the authorized agent’s authority has been reviewed and verified. Once a request has been submitted by an authorized agent, we may require additional information (i.e. written authorization from you) to confirm the authorized agent’s authority.
Minors Under Age 16
The Fierce Platform and Services are intended for business use and we do not expect them to be of any interest to minors. We do not intentionally collect any personal information of consumers below the age of 16. We do not sell the personal information of California consumers.